During the spring, the sound of birds can be found across the state of Oklahoma. While inviting these feathered friends into your backyard by enticing them with a bird feeder and bird bath may seem like a good idea, things can turn sour quickly. For this reason, practicing exclusion around your home can be very beneficial.
Bird Nest Dangers
With warmer weather finally settling in, birds are looking for places to settle down until migratory periods begin. Unfortunately, birds may be constructing their nests at very inopportune locations around your home or business. Here are some of the dangers associated with bird nests that you could experience:
- Roof Damage – When a bird builds its nest under roofing tiles, they will begin to loosen. This can present problems when it rains because the roofing is no longer available to stop the incoming Clogged guttering from bird nests may also promote water seepage underneath roofing tiles.
- Fire Danger – Bird nests are often constructed from highly flammable materials, including feathers, dry grass and leaves. This can present a fire danger around your home or business, particularly when built near electrical equipment or light sources that could malfunction.
- Droppings – Bird droppings can contain up to 60 known diseases that can cause detrimental health problems. In restaurants or businesses that store or serve food, this can lead to business closure by a health department official. Wet droppings may also cause a slip hazard for anyone in the vicinity.
Bird Exclusion and Bird Control in Muskogee, OK
The prevention and removal of birds doesn’t have to be inhumane. In fact, some of the most effective bird prevention methods on the market are humane. To prevent birds from roosting or nesting on your property, Pied Piper Services recommends the use of heavy duty bird netting. Here are some of the benefits that can be achieved with the implementation of bird netting:
- Humane Exclusion – Bird netting is designed to keep birds from accessing common nesting areas that may be found around your structure. Wherever bird netting is installed, birds will lose the opportunity to utilize the area.
- Cost Effective – Bird netting is an affordable alternative to other bird prevention methods that may alter the appearance of your structure. Once the netting has been installed, it’s weather and UV resistant properties keep it functioning for years to come.
Pied Piper Services for Bird Control
Effective control and removal of birds will often require the assistance of a professional wildlife removal expert. Pied Piper Services has the equipment and training necessary to help bring peace back to your home or business after bird infestation has occurred. Contact us today to learn how we can help!