All types of intruders have varying degrees of emotional burdens; insects, vermin, wildlife and even the in-laws. Fortunately Pied Piper Services is the leading authority in Oklahoma and Texas on removing all sorts of pests from your home, minus the in-laws of course. You are on your own on that one! Today we would like to talk about termites; how to spot them and how to evict them.
Signs of Termites
A termite infestation is not necessarily always obvious, but it is always a good idea to know the tell-tale signs before your house turns into a catastrophe. Floors that are sagging and holey woodwork could be a couple of warning signs. A huge red flag is seeing the little critters for yourself.
If You Suspect Termites, Here is A Quick Inspection Checklist to Help Find Out for Sure.
– Armed with a flashlight and a screwdriver investigate the basement, crawl space or garage by tapping on beams to check for hollowness. Test the strength of the areas you feel may be hollow, and push the screwdriver through. If it breaks through easily, termites might be the culprit.
– When conducting your search, consider termite waste. It has wooden coloring or is dark brown in pellet form. They are generally found around weak wood.
– Keep in mind termite nests as well. The nests look like mud tubing.
– Schedule a termite inspection with a licensed pest control company specializing in termites like Pied Piper Services. We know just where to look and exactly what to look for to confirm the presence of termites and the extent of the termite infestation if any!
Getting Rid of Termites
Getting rid of termites on your own can be tricky, here are a few ideas.
– Beneficial Nematodes. There are some nematode species that are beneficial. These beneficial nematodes are a small, un-segmented worm species that are natural parasites to garden pests including termites.
– Direct Sunlight Kills Termites. If a wooden furniture item in your home has been infested, you can try to save it with sunlight. Take your piece of furniture or infested item out in the yard where it will get the most sun, even if you have to move it around during the day to avoid the shadows. Termites need the darkened habitats to thrive, and being exposed to the sun for 3 days will exterminate them.
– Freezing Termites. Freezing also works if you have a deep freezer that can house the piece of furniture. Try breaking down the furniture if possible. Drywood termites will freeze to death after 3 days.
– Professional Termite Inspection & Control. Seeking professional help is the best route to take. Pied Piper Services has the expertise to rid your home of any termite infestation. With multiple species of termites roaming the U.S., it’s essential to have the big guns on your side to terminate them. Termites can cause serious damage and costly repairs.
Termite Pest Prevention, Treatment, Control & Removal in Cushing, Muskogee, Tahlequah, Okmulgee, Wilburton, McAlester, Eufaula & Tulsa OK | Fort Worth, Midlothian & Duncanville, TX
Let the professionals from Pied Piper Services come in and do what we do best; eradicate the termites from your home and save the day. We not only exterminate termites, but we can help you with all your unwanted pests and keep them away with regularly scheduled visits. Call us today for your next appointment!